Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bolt: "Doping officers like to come to my house early in the morning"

Three Beijing Olympic champion Jamaican sprinter Useyn Bolt denied suspicions American Carl Lewis that showed phenomenal results using banned drugs.

Soon after the Beijing Olympics, where Bolt won the "gold" at ranges of 100 and 200 meters and the relay race with 4h100 world record ninefold Olympic champion Lewis said that recognizes the Jamaican only a few years, when confidence in his integrity.

"I know what I am" clean ". I have a lot of work to achieve what want - say an athlete. - Carl Lewis can talk all he wants, I do not have to the case. This is only his personal opinion. Many people say the same thing. As long as you run fast, it will say. "

My results at the distance of 100 meters, which he began to run only in this season, Bolt explains very heavy training and experience speak at the 200-. He is a champion of the world among juniors (2002) and youth (2003) at this distance, as well as a silver winner World Cup 2007 in Osaka.

"The distance of 200 meters too in this matter - explained the athlete. - I just need to learn how to start (at sto), and this is what I did."

"That is why the last 50 meters I run so good - I have speed and endurance," - he added.

Referring to the claims of Lewis to the imperfections of the doping control in Jamaica, Bolt noted that delivers the test no less than all the other athletes in the world.

"When you are in the top 20, then you always increased attention - said Bolt for Eurosport. - We're always rent Tests in the Caribbean. They (the doping officers) like to come to your home early in the morning. It is not too pleased to get in Six or seven morning, when both want to sleep. But I know what it is you want, and I think that is normal. "

Bolt also confessed that it was not off the floor and at distances of 400 meters, but not in the very near future.

"One day, perhaps I will try to themselves and to the 400-. But this is too much pressure, I am not yet ready for such work," - he said, adding that at the Olympics in London would like to speak at two distances, as and in Beijing.

"I can because there become a champion, I will be only 26 years old. I have a whole heap of time to prepare. Let's just do that now - a lot of practice" - summed Jamaican Wunderkind.

No comments: